|Walking Cards for Counting Laps - Photo by George Hatton|
Those who walk on a treadmill can see exactly how far they have walked; however, people walking on a track can easily lose track of how many laps they have walked. I tend to start on the inside or outside lane and move in or out a lane each time to help me keep count, but I also enjoy doing a little multitasking to keep the brain cells exercising with those body muscles.
Lap counting cards are very simple to use, and those with messages may help decrease boredom as well. These lap counting cards include twelve KJV Bible verses. If you are using one card/lap, that equals three miles on a standard-sized track in which four laps make up one mile. Many non-standard sized tracks will post the number of laps that equal a mile somewhere near a starting lane.
- Click on the images below to enlarge. If you need to enlarge further, you may wish to copy and paste into Paint and enlarge from that program or you may post a comment below and I'll try to put them directly into the article with a larger font.
- Print the cards using File-Print.
- Cut out the cards – you may wish to laminate them if you plan to use them long-term.
- Punch a hole in each card.
- Keep the cards together with a key chain, twist tie, or other connecting device.
- Read the first card and begin walking – you may wish to try to memorize these but be careful to watch where you are stepping and avoid reading while walking.
- Switch cards each time pass where you began walking.
- Walking – a Simple, Effective, Inexpensive Exercise
- How to Get Motivated to Exercise: Internal and External Personality Types
- Fall Prevention and Exercise
|Lap Counting Cards with Bible Verses|
|How to Keep Count of Laps When Walking|
|Fun and Different Ways to Learn Bible Verses|
I hope you enjoy these walking cards and visit the Fit Tips 4 Life site map for more resources, informative articles, and additional information related to health and fitness for all ages.