|How to Keep Fit When You are Snowed In - Photo by Snowbear|
Snow days might provide one with some much needed rest. We often work countless hours to pay for a house and provide for a family that we rarely see. Do not underestimate the value of relaxing and spending time together. Snow days have the potential to make great memories.
However, becoming completely sedentary during snow days might make it very difficult to get back into a regular exercise routine! Many folks turn to the kitchen and create delicious feasts while marooned at home...much to the dismay of one's waistline.
|Inexpensive Exercise Equipment - Good Backup Plan for Snow Days - Photo by earl53|
- Exercise outside if conditions are safe to do so – building a snowman, sledding, and having a snowball fight burn calories while having fun with others.
- Uncover the exercise equipment – if you are one who has a treadmill or elliptical machine that has become a horizontal filing cabinet and vertical clothes hanger, this would be a good time to clean it off and get your money's worth!
- Involve the family at home and/or friends on social media sites in generating ideas for a unique workout routine each day – you might discover that you love different types of exercises you would have never thought to try.
- Add music – the beat may encourage you to avoid slowing down and might help you to enjoy a longer workout...it is hard to stop dancing when you love the song!
- Incorporate resistance with equipment like dumbbells, resistance bands, or a stability ball or try pushups, sit-ups, or a Pilates or yoga routine.
- Try exercise videos – be careful because some routines may be safer than others.
|Exercise Options at Home - Photo by pippalou|
- 5 Fitness Plan Roadblocks and Practice Tips to Stay on Track
- Hypothermia Prevention Tips
- Glow Sticks Workout in the Dark
- Great Exercise Playlist – Old and New Songs for a Fun Workout
See Katrena's Fit Tips 4 Life blog for additional fitness-related articles.